An accessible experience for users with disabilities
The American Disabilities Association (ADA),Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), 508 rules and European Accessibility Act (EAA) define some of the major global standards for website accessibility.
Each standard aims to make all information accessible to people with disabilities, but they differ in scope and geography. WCAG provide a global set of website accessibility guidelines, EAA is a European Union directive, 508 compliance refers to a US federal law and ADA accessibility compliance is defined by a civil rights law in the US.
WCAG AA-Level ADA Compliance is required for hotel websites serving US customers, and the EAA defines similar standards in Europe. Non-compliance is a risk for hotels.
digitalhotelier offer compliance audits for existing hotel websites and can build new, compliant sites where required.
The right approach
- All users of your hotel’s website need to have the ability to browse and book using recognised assistive tools
- An empathetic approach will ensure visitors have an equal level of access to content related to the accessible features of your hotel
- Proactive compliance monitoring will mitigate risk as requirements evolve
- Partnering with a specialist website supplier and compliance auditor is the best way for hotels to achieve and maintain compliance
- Digitalhotelier can create sites to standards applicable in multiple geographies
- We also provide compliance audits and monitoring services for hotels
Stay Compliant With Accessibility Standards
We can assist your hotel to deliver accessible digital services for users with disabilities. We can also help mitigate the risk of legal letters and lawsuits with audits and monitoring services for hotel websites to achieve and maintain ADA-WCAG-AA level standards and other international requirements.
We build websites compliant with ADA rules and other regulatory frameworks for accessibility.
Our auditing platform can perform ongoing, scheduled checks to help you achieve, and maintain WCAG AA-Level Standards.
Multiple, scheduled, automated scans, testing code, alt-tags, technical site performance and aspects such as site colour contrast.
Our teams perform manual tests using recognised accessibility tools, testing and assessing site content across multiple desktop and mobile browsers.
Our developers are available to advise, provide best practices, documentation and hands-on coding to achieve technical compliance.
Our writers can ensure property, facility and room accessibility features are present and well structured on your website.