- First off, your website needs to be responsive – that is, its design must be flexible so it facilitates all screen sizes and shapes
- You’re a hotel, so visitors to your site should be able to book a room via the site; should you invest in a booking engine for hotels, they’ll be able to do so instantaneously and with ease and convenience – for both them and you!
- Content is king to enable effective SEO, that means you should be producing and updating text that’s not just informative about your hotel, but also blogging – in other words, unique, insightful and compelling content about your property, local attractions and the hotel experience.
- Content’s not just text, though; users respond enormously to multimedia – high-resolution imagery and videos
- The secret to SEO is packing your content with great keywords that relate to what your potential visitors are typing into Internet search engines; keywords then need to be included in your content and chosen carefully – relevance is key
Linking redirects visitors to other pages on your site, so link from one page to another – especially to pages of imagery and video, a contact page or one detailing local attractions.
Look to get local amenities (restaurants and attractions) and local businesses to link to your site from theirs,
Establish social media accounts for your business (Facebook and Twitter and the ilk) and be sure to link to your site’s content (and packages and offers) from them regularly
Become listed on review websites, such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, and politely ask for guests to provide reviews of your hotel on them.
How do you Create a Great PPC campaign?
Welcome to the 21st Century… if you haven’t done so already, it’s time to get your business on board the digital marketing train, before all your competitors disappear down the tracks. But where to start? One of the most popular forms of paid search marketing – advertising that exploits the power of search engines (i.e. […]Continue Reading
Converting Lookers into Bookers: Building a Hotel Distribution Strategy That Works
It’s an understatement to say that, in recent years, marketing a hotel has become more complicated. The digital revolution has expanded booking opportunities – leading to a dizzying array of online travel agents (OTAs), website opportunities and social media platforms to take advantage of, and direct booking engines to build and deploy. So, where does […]Continue Reading
Personalisation Leads to Higher Engagement in The Hotel Business
In the hospitality and travel market, email marketing can be personalised effectively. This is accomplished through a variety of simple techniques. By building customer profiles for your niche market, it becomes simpler to personalise emails that will address every client individually. Tips to use personalisation as part of hotel marketing solutions: Use names: The easiest […]Continue Reading
Management of Hotel Reputation Is Critical
For any business to succeed it has to have a strong reputation in the market. While the reputation of any business was subject to word of mouth publicity, things have changed in this digital age. Now it is the virtual world or the internet, which makes or breaks a business’s reputation. Reputation does matter As […]Continue Reading